Epping Forest District Council
Sep 2009 to September 2014
As a network supervisor, I was responsible for the delivery and development of the entire data, mobile and telephony network for the Epping Forest District Council. In this role I managed 5 staff.
- Project managed the design, procurement and implementation of the district WAN from an outdated system, saving costs and increasing speed
- Project managed the design, procurement and implementation of a £250k ShoreTel Telephone VoIP system from initiation to implementation. This included the migration from the old analogue system
- Overhaul of the complete existing infrastructure and contracts to reduce costs while increasing performance. This included mobile, network and telephony (internal and external)
After being in this role for 5 years, I took the opportunity to return to Business Analysis when a opening arose.
May 2008 to Jan 2009
Having volunteering on the steering committee for many years for a charity which arranged events for dads and their children, I took the decision to take on the role of Project Manager as an employee.
- Increased membership by 100% to 400 within 3 months of joining
- Turned around decreasing volunteer turnout to meetings
- Increased event frequency from 1 or 2 a month to 4
- Built award winning website and created the JustforDads brand
When the grant funding for the project ended, I decided to return to a role in ICT.