Epping Forest District Council
Sep 2009 to September 2014
In a Project Manager role, I was responsible for the delivery and development of the entire data, mobile and telephony network for the Epping Forest District Council. In this role I managed 5 staff.
- Project managed the design, procurement and implementation of the district WAN from an outdated system, saving costs and increasing speed
- Project managed the design, procurement and implementation of a £250k ShoreTel Telephone VoIP system from initiation to implementation. This included the migration from the old analogue system
- Overhaul of the complete existing infrastructure and contracts to reduce costs while increasing performance. This included mobile, network and telephony (internal and external)
After being in this role for 5 years, I took the opportunity to return to Business Analysis when an opening arose.
May 2008 to Jan 2009
I had been volunteering on the steering committee for many years with a charity which arranges events for dads and their children. When the project was in danger of coming to an end I stepped in to take on the role of Project Manager for a short period until it was incorporated into the Government Sure Start scheme.
- Increased membership by 100% within 3 months of joining
- Turned around decreasing volunteer turnout to meetings
- Increased event frequency from 1 or 2 a month to 4
- Built award winning website and created the JustforDads brand
When the grant funding for the project ended, I decided to return to a role in ICT.